Entrepreneur and early-stage company director, mentor, advisor, and angel investor. Mike’s background is starting and building technology companies backed by angel investors and venture capital. He has raised more than $50M in venture financing. Co-founder, Data Technologies (merged w/IPS). Founder, Ask-Me Multimedia (acquired by Midisoft). Founder, iCopyright.com (Silicon Valley venture funded). On the launch teams of CompuServe Sprynet, one of the first national Internet Service Providers (went public as part of CompuServe in 1996), and Design Intelligence (acquired by Microsoft). Currently focused on mergers and acquisitions for early-stage growth companies.
Summary of my journey as an entrepreneur/business owner:
- Started, built and sold several tech companies.
- On the launch team of several startups that were acquired or went public.
- Pioneer and disruptor of entire industries.
- Raised millions $$$ in angel and venture capital.
- Recruited and led high-performing teams; instituted scalable processes.
- Developed trusting relationships with other pioneers and industry executives.
Summary of my journey as a startup business advisor/investor:
- Launched one of the first web sites for entrepreneurs in 1997.
- Chaired one of the largest non-profit entrepreneur associations in the United States.
- Ran a startup accelerator, a federally-funded entrepreneurial training program, and a venture capital fund/company builder.
- Invested in dozens of startup companies and advised their founders.
- Best-selling author/blogger on startup best practices.
- Judged countless pitch competitions; speaker/panelist/mentor for numerous entrepreneurial programs.
- Startup Advisor/Mentor
- Chairman, Northwest Entrepreneurs Network, Seattle
- Managing Director, The Founder Institute, Tampa
- Charter Director/Mentor, The Founder Institute, Fort Lauderdale
- Regional Project Manager, Startup Quest, South Florida
- Executive Managing Director, Thesis Ventures, Fort Lauderdale
- Instructor/Mentor, StartupNOW Accelerator, Broward College Innovation Hub
- Advisory Board, Broward College Student Venture Fund
- Instructor, Broward College Entrepreneur Experience (BCEx) Accelerator
- A True Professional: 6 Universal and Timeless Qualities, 30 Specific Behaviors, 2017
- StartupNOW Business Planning Workbook, CareerSource Broward, 2016-17
- Writing Business Plans That Get Results, Contemporary Books, 1991
- The Business Plan: A State of the Art Guide, Lord Publishing, 1987
- The Marketing Plan: Step-by-Step, Center for Innovation, 1986-2006
- The Startup Resource Guide, StartupBiz.com, 2016
- The Five Star Startup, StartupBiz.com, 2016
- Numerous White Papers and Articles, 2001-2017
- Code for Fort Lauderdale
- UberPITCH Miami
- Gold Coast Venture Capital Association
- Pitch 6
- Keiretsu Forum
- Entrepreneur University
- Early-Stage Investor Forum
- MIT Forum
- TiE Seattle
- Money Hunt TV Show
- The Founder Institute
- Startup Quest
- Kauffman Fast Trac
- ….many others
- Startup jack of all trades and a master of most.
- founder/team assessment, team building
- startup/strategy evaluation (how good is the oppotunity?)
- startup funding, investment valuation and terms
- buying a business or franchise
- packaging and selling a business
“Mike O’Donnell is a master of his craft. His depth and breadth of knowledge for startup business is unequaled in my experience. Working with him daily continued to show that Mike is flexible, knowledgeable, and broad based. His work ethic is at the top of the scale … never stopping until the job is done … and then implements continuous process improvement. A great attribute is the calm and steady way that he approaches any task” ~ Jack Moss, Senior Executive, CareerSource Broward Startup Quest
Schedule a Call with Mike here. (No solicitations please, founder advisory only.)